Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Always Learning
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owning a Vulcan Nomad, I often curse having to crawl under the rear hard bag on the bike to be able to air up the back tire. Then, an innocent question from a friend . . ."Why not turn the valve stem so it points on the upward side of the tire/bike when it's parked?" Duh, Mike. So, checked at the shop when I took it in for the annual checkup. They'd never thought of that either, but it was easy enough to do. So, should be a fair bit easier to air up the tire than it was before . . .

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I beleive he means the side opposit the kick stand. That side will be up with the kickstand side slanting down.
Gotcha.

I was thinking this was some miracle method of accessing it when the stem as up behind the bag, rather than the tire rotated so the stem was down at the bottom.

In my case, my stems are straight, which is kind of a pain for clearance on the back with the drum brake.

·
Always Learning
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be a pain. And thanks for clarifying! Wish I had more of a miracle, but every little bit helps . . . :)

Bracing for incoming cold weather from our Canadian friends to the north - sub zero with winds and wind chills. Brrr. At least it's not the UP of Michigan with the wet cold!

M

·
Retired High Miler
1,209 Posts
cash

That would be a pain. And thanks for clarifying! Wish I had more of a miracle, but every little bit helps . . . :)

Bracing for incoming cold weather from our Canadian friends to the north - sub zero with winds and wind chills. Brrr. At least it's not the UP of Michigan with the wet cold!

M
if we don't send the cold weather how can we sell our oil, natural gas and electricity?? huh?:redface:

·
Always Learning
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sort of a misery loves company, huh? Well, we're your close neighbors, so I guess it's like family. In fact, whenever I travel abroad, people mistake my "Montana accent" for a Canadian accent. I take that as a compliment, cuz I know how much fun you folks to the north are.

Cheers! M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.