Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to install my Vance And Hnes Staggerds on my 900 classic this weekend
should i be ready to go after bolting them up or do i need to purchase a fuel processor for the air fuel mixture thanks for the help

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Going to install my Vance And Hnes Staggerds on my 900 classic this weekend
should i be ready to go after bolting them up or do i need to purchase a fuel processor for the air fuel mixture thanks for the help

If you are just changing pipes, no fuel processor needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to anyone using using these pipes on their 900 im going tru the parts list and it shows 2 nut plates i only received 1 plate do i only need just the one

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
to anyone using using these pipes on their 900 im going tru the parts list and it shows 2 nut plates i only received 1 plate do i only need just the one
If your calling the header plate a nut plate, then yes you need one for each pipe. That's what holds the pipe to the engine.The box should contain a list of parts you need. Check the list. The plates are wired to the pipes. You must remove the wires.

The Vance & Hines pipes are designed to have a step at the header where it goes into the hole of the motor. The factory pipes have a header plate that is flush with the engine. The V&H will not be flush because of the step system. There will be an inch or two of space between the header plate and the engine. This is normal, and it's very hard to get anyone at their tech line that knows this. So don't over tighten the bolts trying to get it flush. That will bend the plate, and cause a leak.

Lastly, use new crush gaskets. They cost about $9 or $10 and are needed to keep the pipes from leaking. It's a pretty easy install. Take your time and enjoy.

D

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
Where did you fine the V and H staggards and how did they cost. Thanks, Craig

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
No you do need two, one on each pipe plus two bolts at each plate. They are the only way to secure the pipes to the mounting bracket at the rear.

As far as feul manegment, you don't "NEED" to add any when installing just pipes, that can always wait.

You get a lot of differing opinions about FM being effective or not when only adding pipes, but I can say in my case I was able to dial out the popping I had on decel and slightly improved the top end performance with just a little bit of knob twisting.

Good luck hope you found your second plate burried in the box.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
It's been said here before, but be sure to install new crush gaskets or you will have leaks, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. They cost me less than $4 at the local dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts