Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some longshots on order for my 04 meanstreak. They say they are for the 1500 classic and 1500 meanstreak. Is the 1500 meanstreak identicle to the 1600 aside from the motor changes. If anyone knows it'd be swell.

by the way I love the group and the meanstreak.

Ride safe,
-Ken
Northeast,OH

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I beleive my dealer said that the brackets are different between the 1500 and 1600 classic- so its prolly the same for the meanie. You have the 1600 meanie?

Phatboy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea 1600 Meanie. I'll give V&H a call tomorrow and see what's up. I'll post my findings. I hope they will work.

Thanks for the info
-Ken

·
Registered
37 Posts
All the stuff I've read about pipes suggests that they are the same mount at the heads, but you'll have to do the same fabrication on the rear mounts like you would anytime you go from a classic to a streak. check some of the old posts and you should find your answer. btw, v&h will give you a line of sh*# about remapping and how their pipes only go on the bike they make them for, etc. just listen and say yup--ok--thanks i'll do that. make sure you get the answers from them that you need cause they tend to steer the conversation.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i would'nt be surprised if v/h told you they won't fit at all - that's what they told me :roll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cancelled the V&H order and went with the Hard Krome 3" Big Straights.

V&H is on backorder anyway and he has the big straights coming in a few days.

Thanks for the help guys. From what I've heard from most everyone on the group they love the hard krome pipes.

regards,
-Ken

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

imo-you'll be much happier with those pipes-h/k is hard to beat for quality :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good call. With V&H right now they'll give you a date of availability and then push it back two more times when it reaches that date. My father has Hard Krome on his 1800 and loves 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts