Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to the board. I have a 94 ninja 600r and i have no idea whats wrong with it i rode about 60 interstate miles on Sunday morning i got home with no indication that anything was wrong parked and did a couple of things for about two hrs. My friends called and wanted to go eat breakfast somewhere i go start up the bike and get about five blocks from the house at a light waiting for it to turn and it just died clutch in just sitting there i try to crank it over and it cranked but no start so i push it into a parking lot and walk back home and call them and tell them what happend i gave one of them the keys and told him to try to start it again he said it would start but only for a few seconds so i waited about another hour or so and walked back and it started up fine and i drove it home. do you think it could be vapor lock because it was a hot muggy day or maby the coils going bad or what im lost on this one.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
It could have been vapor lock, but that doesn't have to do with the temps outside, it has to do with the ventilation on the gas tank.

You could also have clogged pilot jets, among other things, I'd suggest cleaning the carbs by hand and running carb cleaner through the gas. Check the connections on all the ignition electronics too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply ill try that and see what happens would filling the tank all the way to the top of the cap have anything to do with vapor lock?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts