Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vacuum hoses

Are there only two on the VM29?

I was reading threads over on kzrider about backfiring and stumbles at idle. Same that I am experiencing. But I am aware that is is a race setup and it will do that, no prob plus it sounds cool to me. 8)

But I just realized that I do not have lines connected to the vents. If you look on the pics I posted you can see the right vent but no line. If I add lines it should run better? Or wouldnt make a difference?

Im at work so I have to wait to get home to do anything useful. Im tired.

Okay so now im a little more awake after eating. Read some more and realized that I have an aftermarket petcock. #3 is supposed to provide vacuum for the petcock. Petcock has no vacuum port. I need to look at the rest of the vacuum ports to see if they have lines.

With an aftermarket setup, should all the vacuum ports be capped off?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I'm not familiar with smootbores but I hope thats a vent and not a vacuum port. :eek: If it's a vent I can't imagine adding a tube would do much if anything. About all you would achieve by adding a tube would be to restrict it a little and why would you want to do that to a vent. If it's a vacuum port it would make a huge difference by not having it capped.

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the info.

Two vent ports, and one vacuum port.

Just need to check if my vacuum fitting is capped since there is no vacuum port on the petcock.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Strange, I don't recall seeing a vacuum port on a VM29. Take a look at our website under wg's Tech Stuff Index; there is a generic help for hooking up VM series carbs. Also, 29s should stumble/miss or cause any fuss at idle regardless of whether on a race bike or street bike.

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I printed out the info while I was at work and it showed a vacuum port. Unless it was a generic photo.

When I got home I looked and there was no vacuum port.

Stumbles are fine, I wasnt expecting that, but now I know. It definitely gives it a mean sound.

Thanks for the info.

Went out cause the temp warmed up a bit. Set the airscrews to gently seated and one click out. Bike started fine and idled fine. Seemed to warmup quicker, and idled nice at 2k. When warm it doesnt stumble much.

Went for a quick ride around the 'hood. Did I mention I love this bike? :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts