Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil:
Hello to everyone.
Could anybody in this world is having the same problem I have? and how you solve it. I own a 2001 Ninja ZX9R It became a ride from hell lately. It vibrates at around 4G's and my hands get tingling vibration and my food pecks also. I checked all, my front, I put two new tires, adjusts every screw. when you rev you hear a hollow sound but when you ride even the fuel tank vibrates between my legs. It never did this before. Please any input? I place my hand on the engine as I rev but it not vibrate but the chassis (frame) [email protected]#$#$^%#*&. :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks!
Nelson

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it's down on power you may want to check the plugs and see if one might nto be firing, causing you to have a dead cylinder. Some of your intake or exhaust tubing may be loose and leaking, causing it to run lean and vibrate. Maybe that will work. Let us know how it works out.

Sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I had the exact same situation with my ZRX a few months ago. The vibration occurred in the 4-5K rpm range. I'm 100% certain the problem lies in your carburetors. Yep, believe it or not, when the carburetors on your multi-cylinder bike fall a bit out of sync, your engine will develop the buzzes.

My recommendation is to have your carburetors synchronized. It's a relatively simple process. In fact, if you have any mechanical know-how, you can probably do it yourself with the right tools/equipment. If you are not the mechanical type, find someone who is and learn how.

After I synchronized the carburetors on my ZRX, the vibration/buzz between 4-5K disappeared completely. The engine is much smoother now and even gets better fuel mileage.

Ride Safe!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
the first thing i would do is check all the motor mount bolts. make sure they are torqued to spec.
then i would go after a mech. problem
good luck

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OKAY

NEW PLUGS and Resync the carbs...if the carbs won't resync look for re-adjusting the valves...sounds silly...believe me it will make a world of difference if you start fresh with plugs and then try to sync the carbs...IF yo uhaven't had the valves adjusted in a long while do that before the carb sync. No someone will tell me that they have hydraulic lifters or something wierd? Think NOT! Something else to look for is a loose carb boot from the airbox. they may be rubber but they do crack and come loose. Spray some slightly soapy water around the boots to teh carbs and on the airbox side...if the vibration quits hen start lookig for the deective rubber boot, or loose clamp...also look into the throats and see that nothing has passed the airfilter and messed up the airlfow to one carb. it doesn't take much to mess up the airflow....too, take a screwdriver handle and tapp each carb while you are runnig the bike to seee if a float is sticking...if it starts to run right you know that you need to drain and clean the floatbowls, sand, fine grit anything can get past a not so great fuel filter...let us know, as things like this are worth solving and knowing what is causing hte problem...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rentaroo said:
Hello,

I had the exact same situation with my ZRX a few months ago. The vibration occurred in the 4-5K rpm range. I'm 100% certain the problem lies in your carburetors. Yep, believe it or not, when the carburetors on your multi-cylinder bike fall a bit out of sync, your engine will develop the buzzes.

My recommendation is to have your carburetors synchronized. It's a relatively simple process. In fact, if you have any mechanical know-how, you can probably do it yourself with the right tools/equipment. If you are not the mechanical type, find someone who is and learn how.

After I synchronized the carburetors on my ZRX, the vibration/buzz between 4-5K disappeared completely. The engine is much smoother now and even gets better fuel mileage.

Ride Safe!
:wink:
Thanks I will try to get the book on how to and check it my self. I am full of the Kawi dealer telling me is the tires. :twisted:

·
Registered
64 Posts
puertoricanzx901; Do yourself a big favor

............("CHECK THE ENGINE MOUNT BOLTS AND PLATES FIRST")....
This is the biggest cause of a bad vibration on a motorcycle!

........Good Luck with solving your problem! :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello again,

What I suggested may not be the simplest item to check, other folks have recommended checking the engine mount bolts. I agree 100% with them, checking the engine mount bolts is very easy to do and you may find that is the problem. I suggested the carburetors because you said that you had already checked all the bolts and fasteners. It will never hurt to check all the bolts and fasteners again before working on synchronizing the carburetors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts