Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost feel like a noob by how much I've posted questions lately, but to my credit I do google around a bit before I ask for help.

So here goes...

05 zx10r just got it.. and insanely excited :D

I get this vibration noise around 3k to I think 4.5k rpms. Now I've read from others that they had an issue with the alternator or something with something not completely set correct and creates vibration.

The noise im getting almost sounds like the tank is vibrating on the frame. Whatever it is sounds like its at the front of the bike. I'm going to eventually take off all my fairings to clean the bike down cause I have an OCD about doin that asap and I'll take it for a spin to see if it still exists. Anyone else experience this sound or heard of it?

Also... I now and then get a little sniff of gas.. which completely boggles my mind and I haven't googled it yet. It needs a cleaning almost has 2600 miles on the bike and it doesn't idle like a purring kitten... it is close to perfect but not super steady... maybe im just expecting perfection idk.. I just want to get everything to be running as if it were new.

Thanks all

·
Don't poke the bear
65 Posts
This is a common issue on ZX10's. It's most likely your key rattling in the ignition. Most advise getting ear plugs, or not riding at 3-4K rpm. I had a similar issue and the problem went away after I slightly bent my key (due to a stuck gas cap, not on purpose).

When you're riding and hear the noise, push down on the key in the ignition and see if that makes it go away.

Check out Kawasaki ZX-10R.net if you haven't already.

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet thanks. I think I just figured it out though. I was ridin and when I got it the dude before me stuck some cloth in near the windshielf.. which is missing one screw right now :( so for giggles right when it started to make the noise I stayed at that speed and I lifted up on the windscreen and lo and behold... it went away instantly... and its the side that is missing a screw that makes the noise.. go figure :p im ordering some spike screws so that will be taken care of very soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts