Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know. Another post on this bike, but I actually got to see one in person yesterday. Sorry, no pics. :oops: I was at a local bar and grill and a guy pulled up on one. Don't know the truth but he said it was the first sold in the country. Either way, let me tell you pictures do not do this bike justice! It is gorgeous!!! The bags on it are cavernous! It's a Cadillac on two wheels. I'm sitting there drooling and he tells me to hop on. No, not for a ride. :( The thing fit so well. It's a larger bike than most other cruisers I've sat on. With the exception being the V2K. The stock seat felt like a recliner. It was unbelievably comfortable. Everything was a nice reach for me, 6'1". It was the maroon color or whatever they call it. I can't imagine seeing it in the factory custom paint with the skulls. Don't know about the ride myself but he said it was awesome. For 18k it certainly looked to be worth it, IMO.

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
I haven't seen one in person, deuce, but I think my impressions would be identical to yours. It really is a beaut. Maybe one day....

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
I took one out a couple weekends back, Ryan. Here's the thread where I put a fairly decent review in there if you care to read.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I saw a Cross Country at the Arlen Ness dealership a few weeks ago. This one was owned by one of the salesmen and he let me sit on it. Very nice bike!! I liked the Victory Vision, but I like this one much more. Unlike the Vision that has storage capacity in the hard bags comparable to a large glove box you could actually put a whole lot of stuff in the hard bags on the Cross Country.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
I rode one last weekend, Also rode the new vision
wow I did it I bought the vision that same day. Man what a bike. Not sure if I have to go to the touring forum to post now??? [I MG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/newbike012.jpg[/IMG]
I know show us the pics Man i love this bike

·
Too **** Hot!
774 Posts
I don't care for the vision it looks to star wars for me but it is probably a great bike. The Cross Country is a awesome looking bike it looks the the next step in a touring where the vision looks like its a concept bike. I could see one of those in my future after I own a new Street glide maybe my next bike.
Victorys seam to be made very well with great paint and really nice fit and finish. Better then anything made by the japanese. Well I should say the Japanese co.s.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I got a DVD in the mail detailing the Cross Roads, Cross Country and the new Vision. Wow, impressive features. I was very excited when I received a phone call from the Victory dealership inviting me to the showing of the new bikes including all day test rides, but showed up at the dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about! Aaarrrggghhh! I should have paid more attention to whether the debut was in the Phoenix dealership or the Tucson dealership! Oh well, I WILL see and ride those bikes! I still don't like the pointy saddlebags and fenders . . .

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took one out a couple weekends back, Ryan. Here's the thread where I put a fairly decent review in there if you care to read.
Thanks for that. I had missed that post. Nice to hear the ride is as good as the look and feel. I don't think I've ever heard areal negative comment about how Victory bikes handle. I'd love to have that Cross Country and bob my 900! :biggrin: But, this isn't a perfect world. :lol:

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the CC better than the Vision, but still can't get past some of the angular look of the design. To each his own though. :D
I do to but I still like the Vision. I wish they'd fix the bag issue though because it kind of defeats the purpose of having a touring bike if you can't load the saddle bags with much more than a shirt and pants.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Our ex-associate pastor who moved to Alabama just bought one..he used to head up our church M/C ministry

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I do to but I still like the Vision. I wish they'd fix the bag issue though because it kind of defeats the purpose of having a touring bike if you can't load the saddle bags with much more than a shirt and pants.
Well, you still have the trunk! Form over function, you know! :mrgreen:

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Our ex-associate pastor who moved to Alabama just bought one..he used to head up our church M/C ministry
Wish we had one of those. :(

They wouldn't wanna ride crotch rockets with me though. :D

Hey...my pastor asked me last weekend if I was interested in going sky diving with a few other guys. :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, you still have the trunk! Form over function, you know! :mrgreen:
I just don't get why they haven't fixed that yet, because even though the looks are hate it or love it, I've never heard anyone complain about the ride. The bags just don't make a lick of sense. Maybe with the new touring bikes out they'll address it next year. *shrugs*

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I liked it a bunch too, with the exception of the odd looking crash bars up front. Adjustable footboards and two different mounts for highway pegs were nice touches on an already roomy bike. Build/finish looked sweet.

I'll bet they sell a stack of them.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I liked it a bunch too, with the exception of the odd looking crash bars up front. Adjustable footboards and two different mounts for highway pegs were nice touches on an already roomy bike. Build/finish looked sweet.

I'll bet they sell a stack of them.
Especially at the price. I know the economy is bad but that's real competitive

·
V 2win
444 Posts
Just had a look see at a straight black one. Wow, looks good in the flesh. Threw a leg over & fell right into a nice safe pocket. Great looking machine, but my moneys funny, so I'm glad to have as nice a ride as I do.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I like the looks of the bike. Haven't seen one in person thought. The Street Glide is a little to tight for me, I'm hoping the Victory will fit better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts