Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Sounds really nice and the look fits...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds really nice and the look fits...
Thank you! I hope the finish holds up. I will be purchasing the "quiet" baffles once they are available to see if I like them or not. Cobra says they should be available in January.

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
Nice throaty sound. I know the video was about the pipes but I couldn't help but notice the crash bars as well. Who makes 'em?

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
Thanks. Lindby Custom Linbar. I had them ceramic coated at the same time as the pipes
Thanks for the link. I like the look. Has that wicked feel. Suits the bike well. I've been in the market for crash bars. Just couldn't find the "right" ones. As you well know, you just can't slap any old crash bar on the SE.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. Something I didn't know before picking this one up is that many crash bars are not really crash bars. The weak link on most of the bars for the meanstreak is the upper attachment. They attach to the small bolt at the top of the radiator. This is true for the Linbar also. It had a warning label on it saying it was for cosmetic purposes only. I have tested it at a stand still and it will hold the bike up so it is better than nothing. Some useful info before you buy one yourself.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
That's sharp looking!

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
Thanks. Something I didn't know before picking this one up is that many crash bars are not really crash bars. The weak link on most of the bars for the meanstreak is the upper attachment. They attach to the small bolt at the top of the radiator. This is true for the Linbar also. It had a warning label on it saying it was for cosmetic purposes only. I have tested it at a stand still and it will hold the bike up so it is better than nothing. Some useful info before you buy one yourself.
Hummm......Interesting. I do want my bike protected so maybe I should stay away from the fluff and stick with functionality. They are cool looking though. <pondering>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts