1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1976 KH1 500

The vin on the neck reads h1f 48712
The vin on the motor reads kae 122241

can someone please tell me if this would have came from the factory like this or
If the motor and frame is different? Is there a place that explains the vin number for this year of bike in detail

THanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That web site is with for vins that have seventeen characters. It would not work for me. My VIN is only 8 characters long. Unless I am unclear on how the website works. THanks for the help

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Your VIN should have 10 digits. There is a nice man from Oslo on here a few times a week, he will be able to tell you what you need.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The reason for the big gap between the frame and engine numbers is that Kawasaki started a new series of frames for the H1 in 1973. The H1F frames (F=Frame, not to be confused with the 1975 H1F model). The first frame series started with KAF. The engines however were the same KAE series from 1969 to 1976. Your bike is the KH500, not KH1 500. The last and the most detuned 500 Kawasaki triple at 52 HP. It is possible to do some mods to bring it up to H1D/E/F horsepower (about 59 HP).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts