Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to collect vintage Kawasaki ads and magazine reviews, thought maybe someone else did the same and wanted to setup a little spot where we could share.

Ive got some early 80s KZ440 ads.....a few having to do specifically with the belt drive model.

Ive got a couple KZ1000 full page ads and 2 reviews. Ones a July 1978 Touring Bike review of the LTD model.....the other is a Cycle Guide review.

I can put the ads here......but the PDF files I cant do anything with so if you want them you will have to drop me a PM. Photobucket may resize the ads....so if you want them in original size send me a PM.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, that was a good read! got anymore?
Well I dont have any more vintage Kaw stuff.

Got some Suzuki DR370 literature, some Honda Goldwing stuff and a few things on other odd bikes I own.

I have a few reviews of KZ1000s in PDF form......let me see if I can find somewhere to host them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like these old ads. Motorcycles are engines first and cycles second, and these ads show off their centre piece engines. And the ones with people show the motorcycling ideal culture of the day. Very modern bike are performance wonders, but they don't look right to these old eyes.

Does anyone know of a compendeum of old Kwacker ads?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have found several excellent Kawasaki TV type ads on Youtube from the 70's and 80's. There is also what must have been dealer model introduction movie on the KE100, 125 and 175's.

My focus is on the two stroke's, so I found the early 70's ads great!

David

·
KZ geezer
718 Posts
Aaron, I have the following ad for the 1983 KZ 550 M1 as well as the 1976 KZ 900, and a few interesting PDF files which I would be happy to share:

1981 KZ 1000 CSR
1981 KZ550
!977 KZ650
!981 KZ 650 F2
KZ 750 (4 cyl)

·
KLR`s and BBQ`s
353 Posts
please share!!! I would love one on the 1981 CSR, I have a J LTD

·
KZ geezer
718 Posts
9am53 - you and I ride almost the same bikes, but you will have to PM me with your email address for me so I can send you the PDF file.
Here is the info on the KZ 900 - interesting that the old bike out-hauls almost every V twin cruiser except the Honda VTX 1800 in the ¼ mile at 12.53 seconds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this is from an ad or not? I picked it up somewhere along the way on the web and I'd like to get a bigger version.

·
Registered
276 Posts
These are such good ads compared to the unintelligible junk they throw at up today. You can see the bike, there is interesting back- and forground. Could be a sign of my age.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great ads! I had a 440 LTD just like in your add. I also have an '83 Gpz 550 that i bought new and have some literature from the dealer as i always tried to pick up the literature or article reviews whenver i bought a new bike.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now Im reading a 1984 issue of Cycle World loaded with Kawasaki ads. Unfortunately nothing I own is featured but there are a ton.

If I had unlimited time I would break each of these old mags down into PDF files and JPGs......but alas, I have a real job.....well, close to a real job anyways.

Love reading old magazines, hopefully one of these days I will come across and old guy cleaning his garage out and score a big box full.....cause paying $10 each for them off eBay is getting old.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great job on that red KZ900. These were special bikes with great engineering. Take good care of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts