Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has what? I bought a 1972 F11 250 dual sport for my wife for Christmas. She was born in 1972 too. It runs great and needed very little to get it ready for her to hit the FSR near our North Georgia home. I have replaced the rear shocks, installed new seals in the front forks, replaced the brake shoes, replaced the points, changed the tranny oil and just bought an old OEM tool kit and luggage rack off eBay... I dropped the rack off to have re-chromed yesterday. The tires are new and I can't wait for it to warm up a bit so we can ride together in the Chattahoochee National Forest. I ride a KTM 450EXCR.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
I'm looking for a 1973 Yamaha RD350 in my area. Hard to find in these parts.
What a bike that was. It's probably the bike that gave me the most fondest memories.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I'm looking for a 1973 Yamaha RD350 in my area. Hard to find in these parts.
What a bike that was. It's probably the bike that gave me the most fondest memories.
I have a 1974 "A" model for sale, you could look into shipping it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a KH100EX 1981

Starts easy even after sitting in the shed for months on end
Needs a far bit of work done to the body, etc. though
I will probably end up doing a rebuild on top end and clutch when I get all the other essentials done.

There's a long list of things it needs:

Fuel Tank (was going to repaint, but discovered a leak today, might go for a NOS if I can get one cheap)

headlight needs new cover, switches need replacing, one indicator cover is broken, oh and indicators don't blink, just slowly fade on and off then stay dim - needs the electrics looked at

chrome parts need cleaning up

side covers are broken and faded

other rusty parts such as springs, handlebars, and forks (yes the chrome part!)

cables and brake resivoir/assembly

other bits and pieces, seals, o-rings, bushes

tyres/tubes and chain and sprockets

Gonna take a fair bit of work and dollars! But I think it should be worth it, isn't a very valuable bike, but I never see them around...

·
behemoth
4 Posts
kh 100 el 1982

i'm eric and i lve in the derby uk i have had my 1982 bike since 1989 when i bought the bike cheap in bits i got it on the road in 1990 and used it for 2 years then i garaged it in my shed and alass i forgot about it until june 2009 when i decided to rebuild it the paintjob i did myself and i also did all the work to put it back on the road i did not need amny parts to finish but due to lack of money and the difficulty in getting replacement parts in all to get the bike on the road took me around 100 hours over 3 months and the bike was done it runs fine old biker never die and even though i'm 55 now i will never sell it and ride it when i can:mrgreen:

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
I'd like to find a Honda cub. Only a bazillion made, surely there must be one for me out there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
thats a COOL LITTLE BIKE STORM !!!!!! actually legal in cali ? gray market bike ?
Yes, I have jonesed after one ever since Motorcyclest/Cycle World published an article on 'em back in 1986. Amusingly enough, I suspect that this is the same bike I saw at the Laguna Seca GP somewhere around 1988. It's the best shade of Kawasaki Slime Green I've ever seen. :mrgreen:

I was going to try to get it licensed. It sorta is, sorta isn't legal but being an '86 model, I was hoping I could slide it through DMV. But... It runs hot, and I can't get parts for it since it wasn't sold in the US. So, when I have the time, and spare cash, I need to hunt down someone who can cut gaskets out of aluminum, and have some new head gaskets made. Then I'll feel like pulling the top end apart and getting it all cleaned up. Then I have to get the road rash painted up. Then...

Edit: That's the taillight in my avatar too btw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts