Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else's virus software been blocking viruses when connecting to the website? If not I use avast and it's been blocking a trojan virus so be careful.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Avg blocked something the other day, but I am assuming it was a false positive. I really don't think our kind sponsor is out to get us. At worst it may have something to do with the advertising banner, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
There's another thread already going about this... YES... Many people are currently having a problem right now. Debbi (the forum admin.) is currently working on it.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
avg and avast will sometimes flag an ad as a virus depending on the code, especially if the ad contains tracking code.

I wouldn't be concerned, lame AV programs like McAfee and Norton would miss it altogether anyway.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I'm getting the below error when going to www.kawasakimotorcycle.org and any other links on this web site. I've tried this on several computers and it only happens on computers running Internet Explorer 8 which has a "SmartScreen Filter" option that is enabled by default. After I turn off this "feature" by selecting "Safety" --> "SmartScreen Filter" --> "Turn off SmartScreen Filter" everything works fine.

It just seems to be an Internet Explorer 8 issue as there's no problem when using Internet Explorer 7 or any other browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts