Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
I have a really mixed feeling about this bike. When I first saw it, I honestly thought it was the ugliest thing on wheels. I have to admit thought it's starting to grow on me...

The only thing that bugs me from a rider standpoint about the vision is the lack of cargo space. You look at the bike and it has those HUGE bags on the side. But if you open them up, the storage space in the sidebags is not very much. I was really disappointed when the dealer showed me that. Everything else about the bike is very impressive though. I got to sit on one, and it was really comfortable. I have also heard a lot of people say they are a lot more maneuverable than the Goldwing. I also like the tip over protection. I was watching a video where Arlen Ness rode one of the custom series ones and just parked it on it's side. He didn't even bother putting the sidestand down.

I think if I was going to go with a big touring model, this would be the one. It's a pretty impressive bike.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
It got the best reviews in the Cruiser magazine test out of the new HD Electra Glide Ultra Tour Limited (too many names!), Kawi Voyager, Vision and VStar.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I was thinking about getting a vision a litlle over a year ago when I had my Nomad. Two things broke the deal. The saddle bag's actual storage and the fact that I couldn't test drive one at a local dealer. So I bought a electraglide classic.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The 'Street Premium' version of the Tour has been on my radar since it came out. I hear that Victory is only making the Tour version now so if a nice used Street came up for sale, might tip me over the edge into insanity.
Painless Black Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

2005 Drifter 800

·
Is it 2012 yet!!??
538 Posts
This bike was at the top of my list for a new bike for a long time, until a friend of mine told me it looked like a big scooter. I couldn't get that thought out of my mind. However, I think I'm coming back to the bike now, it really is pretty cool.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I can tell by the video posting that you are really jacked up about your new bike. Congratulations man, it really seems like a sweet ride, with a lot of well thought out features. Personally, I'm ambivalent about it, on the one hand I think its looks are over the top and weird, on the other I think it looks kind of cool. It grows on me a little bit more every time I look at it.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I don't care too much for the Vision due to the previously mentioned lack of storage in the saddlebags. However, I did get to test ride one and found it to be an otherwise great bike. But, if I was in the market for a new bike I would seriously look at the new Cross Country. I just like the styling more and there is much more storage space in the hard bags.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
I'm really interested in the Cross Roads. I like the more classic look without the fairings, but that's just my taste. The Cross Country and Cross Roads are very similar bikes except for the fairing and engine guards. Hopefully the side bags aren't hiding the same lack of space that the Vision's are.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just had to come back and remind you guy's It does have 29 gallons of storage.I can carry clothes and such in the TRUNK,And 1- 2 gallon container of gas in each side bag .Maby more. Depending on the shape of the tank,That is how I will go across the us.I also thought the Vision Tour was a wierd lookin nthing,But after a while It grew on me. The Cross country has more of a motorcycle look that we are used to. I will never talk down any motorcycle. I like them all. It's not what you ride.......It's THAT you ride.10-4?

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
ok finally got around to watching this video and hats off to all the engineers that worked on this project, seems they nailed everything they were asked to do.

Victory corp did however did screw up, they had engineer's for every aspect of the bike but they forgot to appoint a "visually stimulating engineer"

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
I love the Vision and the Cross Country. Like the idea of one piece "casted" frame. Just curious about changing the air filter for the airbox. Have you looked at how to do that Freeze?

They had a strip down frame of a Vision at the dealer I was at and I noticed the air filter was behind where the fairing/windshield is.

The bags on the Cross Roads and Cross Country are bigger than HD Road King, they are huge.

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
I wonder if there are people on victory forums promoting kawasaki products? I really doubt it. If I were a moderator here, I would delete other make promotion on this forum. Like I've said before, if you like another brand so much, go over to their forum, this is a kawasaki product forum.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
I has love it or hate it styling, IMO.

Personally, I like it - really, really like it with the rear trunk removed. Nice swooping curves from nose to tail.

I didn't need to see those videos - it got the "I WANT" part of my brain percolating.

·
lock up your daughters
1,114 Posts
I wonder if there are people on victory forums promoting kawasaki products? I really doubt it. If I were a moderator here, I would delete other make promotion on this forum. Like I've said before, if you like another brand so much, go over to their forum, this is a kawasaki product forum.
Aren't we a grumpy guss...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.