Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I think he is right. If you google images of that model in that year you will see the striping and the orangey yellow colour.
Partzilla does not show colours but it shows the tank striping and mentions V. Yellow as the only colour for that year for the G4TR-E.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Sure, but you identified it as Vivid Yellow in post #1 or have you rethought that.

I am old enough to remember these bikes when they were new. To me, I would describe it as an orange with a yellow base showing through. But if I had to pick just one colour to describe it, I would have said orange because it is more orange than yellow. Why Kawi chose to call it Vivid Yellow, I guess we will never know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sure, but you identified it as Vivid Yellow in post #1 or have you rethought that.

I am old enough to remember these bikes when they were new. To me, I would describe it as an orange with a yellow base showing through. But if I had to pick just one colour to describe it, I would have said orange because it is more orange than yellow. Why Kawi chose to call it Vivid Yellow, I guess we will never know.
Yes, I remember it when it was new and I agree "vivid yellow" is more orange than yellow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We unfortunately don't have the original vivid yellow (orange) painted tank (it's presently painted burgundy).

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Well even if you had the original tank with the original colour, it would be faded from age. It would be hard to imagine that an original, un-faded tank exists anywhere in the world. Without a paint code, and without an original, un-faded tank, the exact colour has probably been lost forever.

IMHO the best you can do is work from photographs but even then you are probably attempting to match a colour that was already an attempt to match the OEM colour. If it were me, I would be ok just knowing I did the best I could.

Oh yeah, make sure the tank is painted with fuel-proof paint. Car painters may not be aware of the special needs of a motorcycle gas tank.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well even if you had the original tank with the original colour, it would be faded from age. It would be hard to imagine that an original, un-faded tank exists anywhere in the world. Without a paint code, and without an original, un-faded tank, the exact colour has probably been lost forever.

IMHO the best you can do is work from photographs but even then you are probably attempting to match a colour that was already an attempt to match the OEM colour. If it were me, I would be ok just knowing I did the best I could.

Oh yeah, make sure the tank is painted with fuel-proof paint. Car painters may not be aware of the special needs of a motorcycle gas tank.
Great advice, duly noted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Whoops. I see my link was nothing more than a link to the jpg image. Sorry.
Here is a link to the auction site where you will find dozens of photos including a photo of the car's Certificate of Authenticity where it shows the paint code is Orange/E7.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts