Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and have a question regarding upgrading to a bigger bike (looked around for the answer first, but didn't find it...).

I currenty ride an '03 Vulcan 750. It was my first bike and I didn't want to go too big. I feel like I have outgrown it and am looking to get into a bigger bike. I'm down to the 1500 or 1600 (classics) and was wondering if anyone with experience with both could comment on their experiences. I'm leaning towards the 1600 (looks/features), but am afraid it might be too big of a bike and the 1500 may be more comfortable, but I also want my next bike to last a long time. For reference, I'm 5'11'' and 200lbs.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
either bikes are great choices. I wouldn't worry about going to big, both are about the same in size and weight. I ride a 1500, it is nimble and easy to ride, even at parkinglot speeds. With that, I'd steer you towards the 1600 only because of the extras it includes, dual front disk, fuel injection, 5 gallon tank...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same here... go with the 1600. After a few months you will look back and be very happy with your choice. Take it easy at first and you will be just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input, that's also the way I'm leaning right now (1600).

Those reviews were helpful as well, and it does sound like both bikes are great, so I can't go wrong...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good luck, and have fun. The hunt is half the fun! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts