Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 Vulcan VN1500A that my wife and I like to ride. Looking at the MOM the max load on the bike is 400lbs. I hate to admit this but my wife and I pass that load by 100Lbs. What can I do to strengthen the suspension short of going on a diet? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the site peewee..if your not bottoming out i would'nt worry about it..im sure there is some stiffer spring loaded shocks out there but would prolly be too stiff if you were solo cruisin.would have to adjust every time..as far as air shocks i hav'nt a clue but im sure bike,freak or someone else here could prolly have that answer for you...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peewee & Bud8fan,
It's my forks I'm most concerned about. I haven't bottomed out on the back shock but on a hard break I can hit the bottom of my front forks by myself. Bud, I tend to agree with you on getting stiffer back shocks. Riding solo might be too hard. What can I do to strengthen my forks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
shocks

Hi i think i can help you out. My friend had the same problem with him and his wife. if your lookin for some stiffer shocks that are fully adjustable and better forks he used a comapny called Wilbers. They offer a pretty nasty shock setup and i am actually lookin to put them on my bike other bike. 22 click rebound damping also they offer high and low speed compression damping which my friend and i couldnt find anywhere else, but the preload adjuster plus that the shocks are built to your specificatioons ( weight, ride height, luggage, style riding etc.) there perfect for anyone but in your situation you'll benefit alot. I think they have a 5yr warranty as well. try emailing the sales rep there, he pretty good with information Steve at [email protected]. Let me know Tristen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts