Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I don't know and can't tell either. I think when time permits, I will print out each "printalbe spec sheet" and do a line by line comparison.

BTW..something we should all be interested in, Motorcycle cruiser magazine has taken posession of a VN2000 at Kawa's request to do a customizing job on. I'll be very interested to see what they do to it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spok:

The only thing I can see on the limited MIGHT be some chrome stuff and the wheels look custom. But with twin discs, they are hard to see.

Yeah, I sent Jamie Elvidge some suggestions...just have to wait and see what they do to it. I have a high degree of interest in the 2000 (kinda want one! But I still love my baby 1500!) I hope they can the headlight - that is one part I really do not like.

T

·
37,387 Posts
I don't know if the v2k is for me. Its awfully big and heavy. I too am not a fan of that light housing

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
-insert rant here:
Ok, the limited has: ................drum roll piz........
A different paint job =/
Chrome wheels =)
Chrome rear sprocket for belt drive
Chrome engine housing :twisted:

The 2000 normally had an irregular black surface for the engine housing, so the chrome is a nice touch.

The kickstand is short so that the bike won't roll off the kickstand if parked uphill w/o the bike in gear. The biggest complaint about the 2000 is from people who sit on the bike at dealerships and pick the bike up off the kickstand. Some women can't do it. Okay, maybe some men too, but they wouldn't admit it =P

As far as handling the heavy 2000 is supposed to handle better than any Vulcan except the sweet riding Meanie.

.....the headlight?? Hmm,..... it might be growing on me. The three little bulbs are the low beam and all three look like projector headlights. The Honda kids will dig them. And the headlight housing is not round either so replacing the headlight would involve removing a lot of chrome. The peice on top of the headlight entends over the handlebars too.

The seat height of the Vn2000 is just over 25" while my 1600 rides up past 27". Very low COG.

Phatty

·
Registered
7 Posts
vn2000 Limited

The wheels are the same only chromed. The badge is changed to "2000 Limited" on the air filter cover and is engraved instead of a decal. The paint is custom too and the engine side covers are chrome instead of wrinkle painted. Chrome rear sprocket too.The bike and engine specs are the same as the standard bike. I think the price increase is because of limited production(500) and custom paint and cost of chrome plating. I own a vn2000 and wouldn't trade mine for it even much less pay more for it.

·
37,387 Posts
Thanks Phatboy and Drace for the info. Although I don't see myself getting a v2k anytime soon, I am excited to see Kawa already doing special things to this platform in just its second year. Still, I'd like to see a goldwing type tourer built on this frame.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The paint on the 2000 Limited is stunning. Beautiful job. But I think they need to "branch it out" & do some of the things Honda is doing with their VTX 1800. How about a "Bad Boy" 2000, all blacked out, lightened up a bit where they can, maybe an aluminum frame like the Warrior, and a bit more breathing on the motor, a la Meanie type mods in the 2nd generation bikes. I think they can do it on a mass production basis and come out a winner.
Ride sfaely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
tom of chrome and custom paint.
The gossip was it has a differnt kickstand or stance, has anyone seen it yet?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, Tomas, I heard the same thing on the kickstand. If I get one, it will be the limited but I'll change:
- the seats
- add a Rifle windshield
- add a passenger backrest (got to for my squeeze)
- go to a custom shop and make a new kickstand

But I still love my 1500 Classic FI!

Thanks to the guys who clarified the diffs on the 2000 Limited :)

T-man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts