Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

im thinking of buying a VN2000, primarily because i think they look great and the performance, not to mention second hand are great value for money.

My only concern is aftermarket parts, im UK based, we dont have a lot here for them, and a search of Ebay UK & USA doesnt throw up too much. I've owned a few Wildstars(Roadstars) in my time and chopped most of them and I'd be intent on doing the same with the VN, custom parts are plentiful for the roadie.

My first mod is usally 16" apes, do 1" bars fit straight on? Being that the bike has such huge road presence inch & a qtr bars would be best i think, can Harley bars be used?

My Wildstars were big bikes and looked great, this seems like a natural progression. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's owned both.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are actually getting to be a fair amount of parts for the v2k. It is a great starting point because of the motor and handling. The rest is up to you. Baron, Kewl metal, Texas Metrics are a few suppliers I have used. If you google "vn2000 accessories" you will find lots of different vendors.

·
Xpylut
438 Posts
There are a few aftermarket parts for the V2K. I did find a lightbar and a luggage rack (finally) but my choices were VERY limited.

With my Honda, I have a full catalog and so many choices it's tough to decide.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Howdy,
I love my V2k, and have found no shortage of aftermarket parts available. I'd go for the 1 1/4" Apes if I were you, the size of the bike demands big bars. I put 14"'s on my ride, but you should look at the Kong 16"s by Barons.

Best of luck.

·
2012 GT1400 Concours
658 Posts

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would want a V2K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts