Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently had written up a questioning post on the availiablity of raked triple trees for the v2k and had a few good replieshttp://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/118977-raked-triple-trees.html. Unfortunately I was not able to find anyone who makes aftermarket triple trees for the v2k, I decided to contact the people at AME and asked if they could make a set of raked triple trees and they stated that they did not have sufficient informatio to fabricate such a piece. I persisted and contacted these people again to which they replied that they may be able to make something but I have to give them all relevant information.

That being said this was what the ame people sent. attached.

It's all the dimensions they need to make a set of triple trees, they forgot the tree width, I have none of these specs and I was wanting to know if any body would have any information in regards to it. My vn2000 is not a classic so it's a bit harder to get these measurements as I would have to remove the nacelle to measure the triple trees but I would again have to remove the triple tree itself as I need stem axle, bearing, neck sizes.

I have wantd to rake my bike for some time now and I could do a neck rake and change the neck size to a harley, more availiabilty, but I want this to be a revesable mod. I also wanted use the original headlight, also I'm aware that the headlight will only beam to a certain degree but thats another story.

So if anybody has information yell out!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
tripple tree 2000

Hi

I recently had written up a questioning post on the availiablity of raked triple trees for the v2k and had a few good replieshttp://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/118977-raked-triple-trees.html. Unfortunately I was not able to find anyone who makes aftermarket triple trees for the v2k, I decided to contact the people at AME and asked if they could make a set of raked triple trees and they stated that they did not have sufficient informatio to fabricate such a piece. I persisted and contacted these people again to which they replied that they may be able to make something but I have to give them all relevant information.

It's all the dimensions they need to make a set of triple trees, they forgot the tree width, I have none of these specs and I was wanting to know if any body would have any information in regards to it. My vn2000 is not a classic so it's a bit harder to get these measurements as I would have to remove the nacelle to measure the triple trees but I would again have to remove the triple tree itself as I need stem axle, bearing, neck sizes.

I have wantd to rake my bike for some time now and I could do a neck rake and change the neck size to a harley, more availiabilty, but I want this to be a revesable mod. I also wanted use the original headlight, also I'm aware that the headlight will only beam to a certain degree but thats another story.

Cheers
MATT, post over on the Delphi forums. There is a company that makes V2K tripple trees, but they are around $1100

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi

Cheers
Hi Matt,

I want to do the same like you, to put raked tripple tree and also longer fork tubes.
Like you, I have spoken with AME and they told me that is possible to do it if I will send to them the original fork tube and maybe also the original tripple tree.
also they can modify the rear shock absorber to lower the bike.

BR
Marcel

·
Registered
161 Posts
This place makes tripple trees for the v2k. CUSTOM TRIPLE TREES I've been corresponding with Bill there. He quoted me $1050 for any degree rake i wanted. You can get the forks from Franks forks. If you are only going 6-7 degrees, you can use the stock forks and lower the back of the bike 2"s to keep the same handeling. I am to going to a 9 degree tree. My bike has the big nacelle. When you go to a tripple tree with this set-up, the nacelle will need major mods just to keep the headlight alignment right. We mocked it up and my headlight will shine into the trees with this kind of angle. Right now, I'm getting the parts to convert to the conventional type headlight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks for reply,

I do not live in USA, that's why I'm in contact with AME from Germany.
tripple trees from this company has added rake to the stearind head and also to the tripple tree itself => means the trail can be the same because of compensation.
this 9 degrees are splited between stearing head and also tripple tree ?

Marcel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.