Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
20,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Next season I am going to buy VN2K Ltd and give him Electra Glide look.

Planned modifications are:
- hardbags / saddlebags (Electra Glide)
- bat wing fairing (EG)
- fairing lowers (Ultra Classic EG)
(and the rare one)
- front and rear fender (EG)

Have you ever seen such VN2K modifications? If yes, I'd be glad to see some pictures.

PS. If U want 2 ask me - "Why don't you buy Electra?" Because I love Electra's look much more than its technology :smile:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree that the V2K should have bags and shield...but I am wondering about the look of the HD bags. HD bags are very square with some hard lines in them. Not sure they will work so well with the curvey lines of the V2K. I went with Matsu bags that I am modifying to fit. (Have to clear the swing arm on left and brake caliper on right.) They have much better curves to match the rear fender of the bike.

But hey, if we all did the same thing then were's the fun in that. :^)

Welcome

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,691 Posts
What are you, blind? :-o
That IS a V2K, and I just wrote that on the post above.

I know the guy who has it and that's for sure a V2k.
Nope, not blind - but thanks for your insightful comment anyway.

The pic in my original post is of an earlier bike, a Vulcan 1500 or 1600, while the second is definitely a V2K. Look at the engine and you'll see the differences.

First Pic:

Second Pic:

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
Nope, not blind - but thanks for your insightful comment anyway.

The pic in my original post is of an earlier bike, a Vulcan 1500 or 1600, while the second is definitely a V2K. Look at the engine and you'll see the differences.

First Pic:

Second Pic:

Ahh, sh1t, I forgot he also have had a Classic Tourer -98 in the same color. :oops:
My bad, man. I was a little too fast there... :oops:
Sorry!

·
Forgot to grow up
1,112 Posts
I agree that the V2K should have bags and shield...but I am wondering about the look of the HD bags. HD bags are very square with some hard lines in them. Not sure they will work so well with the curvey lines of the V2K. I went with Matsu bags that I am modifying to fit. (Have to clear the swing arm on left and brake caliper on right.) They have much better curves to match the rear fender of the bike.

But hey, if we all did the same thing then were's the fun in that. :^)

Welcome
Have you started modding the bags? Are you using fiberglass?

·
Every dog has it's day...
1,113 Posts
I have a fairing on my bike, but that seat looks even lower compared to the fairing than mine. Is he able to see over it very well...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello everybody,

Next season I am going to buy VN2K Ltd and give him Electra Glide look.

Planned modifications are:
- hardbags / saddlebags (Electra Glide)
- bat wing fairing (EG)
- fairing lowers (Ultra Classic EG)
(and the rare one)
- front and rear fender (EG)

Have you ever seen such VN2K modifications? If yes, I'd be glad to see some pictures.

PS. If U want 2 ask me - "Why don't you buy Electra?" Because I love Electra's look much more than its technology :smile:
How about picking up a Kawasaki Voyager? It's a great looking bike that is fairly comparable to the HD EG Classic in features. It would seem that the HD parts would add up quick; I know those bags and other items can cost a fortune. The Kawai has the new 1700 CC motor and a 6 speed gear box.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,691 Posts
How about picking up a Kawasaki Voyager? It's a great looking bike that is fairly comparable to the HD EG Classic in features. It would seem that the HD parts would add up quick; I know those bags and other items can cost a fortune. The Kawai has the new 1700 CC motor and a 6 speed gear box.
Because then he would end up like this guy:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.