Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 kawasaki vulcan 750 which i had just purchased about a month ago and the engine has a ticking noise at idol when warmed up to operating temperatures. I have had a couple people listen to it for me and they say it is just that type of engine and there is no getting away from it. The noise seems to coming from the top of the engine. Is there anything that could be added to the oil that might make it quieter. Thanks

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Believe it or not almost all the kawasaki's have a ticking noise.. I've even noticed it in my 05 zx10r and I've read up on other places other vulcans do the same.

Here is a bit of reference

900 se question ~ ticking noise on front end - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

someone having the same issue I believe as you are. He has a youtube link so you can see if the sound is the same.

I've noticed this when my dad had an 86 vulcan 750 and on my 93 zx7.

It shouldn't be too loud of a noise.. usually if it is more of a loud ticking or knocking check your oil levels. the zx7 I had was losing some oil and I never payed attention to it till I noticed one day it was low and sounded louder... added some oil and it was fine...

with that bike I would notice the sound depending on what RPMs I was at. with its age it definitely needed a valve adjustment but you should be all set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts