Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a used 2000 Vulcan 800 classic and wanted to give it a tune up. Well, when I was putting the antifreeze plug back in the head snapped off. Being an idiot today, I got my tap set out and started to drill into the old bolt. I must of been drilling on an angle because now oil drips from that hole. Is there anyway to plug that hole up? Even if it's permently. Or do I have to replace the whole crankcase?

Randy

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OUCH!

Randy, you have several options...doing it yourself is still okay though if you want. You could co ahead and drill it out retap it and helicoil it, or retap it and use a larger plug, it doesn't have to be a petcock...it's just easier to drain using one...An easy out would have been a solution earlier though??? anyway, all is not lost. You could go to a shop and have them do the work, too. I suppose that if you really wanted to replace the crankcase that would be an option...but, don't panic...look at your options, and weigh wether you want to save the money and do it yourself or pay a machine shop money to have them do it.....or replace the entire thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts