Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 vn800 and its been bobbed. The exhuast pipes are very short and my friend said I need them to be longer (to the centre of the back wheel) so the bike will have correct back pressure and run properly.
I like the look of them being really short and have seen lots of bobbed bikes online with short pipes like mine.
So my question is can I compensate in some other way to keep my pipes short?
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can add a couple universal can-opener type motorcycle baffles fairly easily, drill a hole on the bottom or back side and bolt in with locknuts. local shop should have several sizes. Had a pair like this in some way-too-loud Vance&Hines pipes on my 800, toned it down just right and actually got some low and mid-range power back. the longer ones are quieter but can be trimmed to fine-tune.

just search for universal motorcycle can-opener baffles like these: www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Muffler-Pipe-Silencer-Insert-Can-Opener-Baffle-1-3-4-X-4-80-78934-/151235904952

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 98 vn800 and its been bobbed. The exhuast pipes are very short and my friend said I need them to be longer (to the centre of the back wheel) so the bike will have correct back pressure and run properly.
I like the look of them being really short and have seen lots of bobbed bikes online with short pipes like mine.
So my question is can I compensate in some other way to keep my pipes short?
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out
Cheers man that helps a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts