Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
First Time Roadie
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to pull in the clutch lever to start the bike it doesn't matter if the bike is in gear or not, on the side stand or not. It is really a pain to start with only two hands becasue I need to choke it in the morning. It worked fine until I did an oil change about a week or two back, I don't see any loose wires undeneath that I might have loosened when changing the oil.

It worked fine even after the quite exstensive mods. I think it all goes back to the oil change, but as I said I can't find anything amiss externally.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
You most likely have a problem with the sidestand switch. It could be the switch sticking, a wire not making a good connection on the switch, or a bad switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You most likely have a problem with the sidestand switch. It could be the switch sticking, a wire not making a good connection on the switch, or a bad switch.
Have to agree with Stargate. That switch will ruin your day till you realize it's there. Reach down and give it a good pull before you start the bike. If that helps, lubricate it. I am actually thinking of re-running the wires and installing a toggle switch for use as an anti theft device.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts