Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get new tyres and exhaust for my vn800 can anyone
suggest best makes for the tyres looking for good all weather and cornering,the exhaust i want something with a deeper sound (original to quiet),

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tires: Metzler ME880 Marathon is a great tire. Some guys go with Avons. Either one is a good choice.

Exhaust: Ask 50 people, get 50 opinions. I have Hard Krome 2.75 staggered straights. Good sound, even with the baffles. Big diameter pipe looks good. Vance & Hines is popular also. Some people like Cobras, but I hear more complaints about them than I do V&H or HK. Some people have gutted the stock pipes for improved sound and performance. I don't know the particulars on it, but I think the instructions are somewhere online if you search hard enough. If I stumble on it, I'll post a link.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yep-what vulcan said :wink:

·
Registered
134 Posts
You might take a look at Continental Conti-Blitz tires for your bike, I find them to be good! 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vn800,tyres

took the advice bought mettzler marathons,but as my bike is red and white
i just had to go for the white walls looks real cool :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you haven't bought new pipes yet you may want to try what I did. I took a 1/4 in drill bit and drilled 9 holes in a circular pattern toward the outside of the end of the baffle.My 800 now has a nice rumble but not too loud.In fact some of my nieghbors thought I got after market pipes when they heard it.I tried putting a K&N filter on to but made the 800 run too lean so went back to the stock air filter.Bike runs a little better and I really like the sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts