Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post away, photos please. I'm currently working on mine, I'll take a photo tomorrow, today I installed a set of shorty custom straight pipes, and sometime this week or next I'm goin to rigid frame.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where the rear section bolts to the frame is going to get cut and then weld a custom rear section on.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
I don't know if you consider mine a chopper/bobber or not but here it is. I would say that Trashman900c and Greeneyes on here would be considered choppers. There are a few others but I cant remember their screen names. Some changes are coming to my bike in a couple weeks so I'll have to update as they get done. Mimic rear wheel and pulley, lowering kit back one, different custom pipes, pin-striping and some other old school paint to the tank, and painting the plastic chrome.

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
I don't know if you consider mine a chopper/bobber or not but here it is. I would say that Trashman900c and Greeneyes on here would be considered choppers. There are a few others but I cant remember their screen names. Some changes are coming to my bike in a couple weeks so I'll have to update as they get done. Mimic rear wheel and pulley, lowering kit back one, different custom pipes, pin-striping and some other old school paint to the tank, and painting the plastic chrome.
cant wait to see it......what kind of pipes are you going with?

heres some pics of mine, not sure what you would consider it......

Robb

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lilduec, very nice. looks very clean. I wish i had my bike customized as much as you do.

trashman, i like how everything is blacked out. How did you paint the plastic chrome?

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Well , my final goal would be a " Fat *** Soft Bob " I guess . Not there yet but it's starting to take shape .

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
marek, did you trim the front fender yourself?
Yup , I had nothing to lose ..It was craked on the nose and through the front mounting hole after I laid her down ..so the rear holes became the front and I drilled new rears. Then I taped the whole fender off with masking tape (so you don't kill the paint when cut ) and drew the shape right on the tape . I used a jig saw with a blade meant for metal ( smaller teeth ) . Then I used 300 and 600 grit paper to round the edges of the cut . Since the fender is black and so is the plastic I have not found the need to paint . It was a fairly easy and free fix to a fubar situation .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats really nice, I might try that, as I dont want to attempt shaving the front fender mounts but I still don't want the larger front fender.

·
JayDeeDownUnder
23 Posts
Hey BlackLung ... how loud is your bike with those pipes ...? Any issues with back compression ? I have slaskcuts on mine and was thinking of taking all the baffles out to make it louder ...

Cheers
JD

Here is my effort fellas .... still a work in progress but getting there ...

·
The 717
1,271 Posts

I'll give you permission to add the pinstriping but don't change the silver. :mrgreen: You and Trashman have some of my favorite bikes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts