Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Top left hole in the last pic has that little pipe-like thingy(can't remember for the life of me how it's called right now) that goes in the hole on engine itself, so that could be your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get the loud whirring noise sometimes on really hot days. It continues even with key out of the ignition. I think it is the radiator fan. It's only happened once or twice.
Hi there. I live in a HOT country and so the fan is on many times. Even after shutting off the engine and taking out the key, the fan continues sometimes for 30 seconds or so. That´s normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's not the same thing as I'm talking about.

This noise I'm hearing is correlated directly to the speed of the bike, and also where the clutch is as far as disengaged/friction/engaged. It goes away if I pull the clutch lever, and gradually gets loulder as I let thelever out.. and then the pitch changes based on how fast I'm going.

It is high pitched and fluttery sounding.

When it is all off and the ignition is off, it is completely not there.
Hi there. I have a whinning noise coming from the left side that gets louder when i speed up. It´s specially loud when i deacelerate. As soon as i pull the clutch, no matter what speed, it´s gone and there is no noise whatsoever. I am almost convinced its a faulty bearing in the transmission section, most probably at the gears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hah, I get this noise too. A lot of 900's have it. It has been described as a whining sound, the jetsons sound and the whirring sound. Popular consensus seems to be that it is an inherent noise of the 900 because of the way the gearbox is cut. There is no cure or solution for the noise. What some people do is debaffle their pipes or buy aftermarket ones to drown out the whine.
That is a very good news but are you sure it´s not a bearing inside the gearbox?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts