Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had to change their front wheel bearings yet on your 900? I have an 07 900LT that I bought on June 28th. My son noticed some black fluid by the front wheel bearing. I can't believe a bearing would go already. Showed the local service manager and he said it's not covered under warranty. That doesn't seem right.:icon_frow

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Change wheel bearing yet? It is unlikely that the slight seepage has anything at all to do with your wheel bearing wearing out. Your 900 should go 10's of thousands of miles with no wheel bearing issues. Clean it off and ignor it unless you have some other reason to suspect a bad bearing. I have never changed a front wheel bearing on any of the many bikes I have owned. I see a little black gunk on all of our bikes occasionally. It is not a problem.

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should look for wooble or the hub getting hot, the black seepage had me going, thanks.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
I guess I should look for wooble or the hub getting hot, the black seepage had me going, thanks.

My 800 did the same thing. It was just some excess grease that seeped out. Had to wipe it off a few times, then it stopped. But check the bearings just in case. Lift the front wheel, check for wobble, grinding noise, etc.

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
talked with another service manager and he said it's normal. Said you will feel and hear the bearings when they are bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts