Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a rattke or vibrating noise coming from the front of the bike. I noticed it last season. It sounds like something is touching the radiator metal mesh. I can't figure it out. Im going to go through one of the major services this sat and tighten the recomended bolts but if anyone has any ideas on troubleshooting please share.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have the same thing something rattling in the front. I think it is the headlight. i haven't tried to fix it yet but i know my rattle is the headlight.

·
Premium Member
15,066 Posts
i have the same thing something rattling in the front. I think it is the headlight. i haven't tried to fix it yet but i know my rattle is the headlight.
+1
Mine rattled. Tightened down the bolts and set the wires differently. Rattle went away.

·
Old Dudes Rule
135 Posts
Same rattle on my 900 Classic. Turned out to be the Head Light Shroud. The fix was to remove the wire ring from inside the bucket and glue the shroud with a couple dabs of silicone. No matter how much I re-bent the wire retainer, the rattle would'nt go away. The silicone worked great.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks I will have to try that. A friend of mine has a yamaha Vstar and it has the same rattle as mine.

·
2007 Red 900 Custom
525 Posts
Thanks for the posts. I have the same rattle. It kind of sounds like someone is shaking 2-3 washers that they have in their hand. I will definitely check the headlight shroud, I messed with the headlight wires not too long ago.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
I have a rattle on my Nomad. I think it's something in one of the mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts