Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to put a 200/70/15 tire on my 07 900 classic do you think it would fit?:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am thinking about putting the same on my 900 custom, i believe there is enough room to fit. Metzeler make the tire and it's about 210.00.:smile:

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
If you do a search on the forum, there was a thread about putting "fat" tires on the 900. There were some problems with the tire rubbing. I know there were problems with the big tire and the scootworks pulley.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i paid 125. on e--- metz me880 200/70b15

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also got the front one

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Really? I've searched the Scootworks pulley numerous times and haven't read a negitive thing yet. Can you provide a link?
Oh no, nothing wrong with the pulley at all. Someone had put on a really big tire and had the pulley installed. The pulley is big enough that you must move the rear tire forward a little and the bigger tire rubbed on the front inside of the rear fender. I just can't remember what size tire he was using.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I could have sworn there was another thread in here some where, about this and the conclusion was that you could step up to a 200 with no problems.

I know Barrons makes a kit for the classis that lets you put a 210/17 on the rear, and a 130/80/18 up front but man is it EXPENSIVE!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks ruger

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had put the 200/70-15 on my VN900 with no problem at all. As a matter of fact the speedo now reads around 1km per hour off the real speed. The speedo reading was around 8kph off the real speed before I changed to the Metzeler ME880 200/70-15. The only problem is that the bike now sits approx. 1 inch higher on the rear end. This could be solved by installing lowers. I did not have any problems at all with the new rear tyre rubbing anywhere. Incidentally I also replaced the front tyre with the Metzeler ME880 with the same size as the original Dunlop.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts