Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guy's, i am currently building a new rear fender set up for my bike. As i have a three month licence suspenion to wait out. Was going to bolt new fender to the swing arm, But am thinking of building new fender struts and dropping both fender and struts closer to the wheel. my question is how close can i go without the two meeting. i havn't lowered the bike cause i'm a big unit (170kg at 5 foot 11in) and i always ride fast. the specs say the shock has 100mm travel. but when you look at the britt kit lowered with new rear fender there is nearly no gap between fender and wheel. So im a little confused, which is not hard to do. any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Sam

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
HI guy's, i am currently building a new rear fender set up for my bike. As i have a three month licence suspenion to wait out. Was going to bolt new fender to the swing arm, But am thinking of building new fender struts and dropping both fender and struts closer to the wheel. my question is how close can i go without the two meeting. i havn't lowered the bike cause i'm a big unit (170kg at 5 foot 11in) and i always ride fast. the specs say the shock has 100mm travel. but when you look at the britt kit lowered with new rear fender there is nearly no gap between fender and wheel. So im a little confused, which is not hard to do. any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Sam
I'd just mount it to the swing arm. You'll be able to hug the tire without issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.