Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't see this, Sorry if I missed it. I am thinking of putting on Cobra swept pipes with a 2" lowering kit. Any experience with this setup out there? Mostly I would like to know if the pipes would drag. Cobra's comment was that they only confirm fit with stock.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes they will drag on the 2" lowered. You can try to set the strut up to a higher setting but it might cause the bike to ride rough .
I had a lowering kit on mine with those pipes and ended up doing some damage to the bottom of the pipe. I eventually changed back to the stock suspension

·
AlohaMark
206 Posts
I have the Scootworks lowering kit installed set to a 3" drop with the swepts. I've only had this setup for a week but haven't dragged anything yet. Front is not dropped. But I just cruise around and don't get too aggressive in corners. BTW they sound real good :) Better than my totally debaffled stock pipes did.

EDIT: Also my shock is almost maxed out stiff and don't plan on riding two up. I don't want my 8 month old to be an orphan.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Mark, I don't know what you're planning on doing while you're on your bike, but your 8 month old needs BOTH mommy and daddy! Ride safe. Love the look of your Custom BTW.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies everyone! I really like the look of yours Mark, that is where I was hoping to be. I am concerned about $pending the $ and then wiping out the pipes. I don't suppose rider weight plays into this? I am in the 160 range...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry Mark didnt mean to get that personal! BTW, I know there is another thread here about 'loud' pipes. How would you say the swept pipes compare? 1(stock) -> 10(ear splitting)

Thanks for the input
Ron

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
db meter seems to be in the $300 range. A little pricey. I guess we need to install them and see if we like.... Have you noticed any problems with dragging them yet? I am getting mine tomorrow.... Now if the snow would go...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.