Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get replacement Plexiglas for my 900LT windshield. I'm happy with the hardware, I just want to replace the Plexi itself. Any ideas?

Cheers!

John

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion-

I had tried TAP (I live near one of their stores.) They will happily cut the plexi, but they have no way to put the bend in it, so I'd have to figure out how to heat it and then clamp it into a form. More work than I'm really up for.

What I'd really like is someone who would make me a shield that is 1" shorter and about 2" wider than the stock one.

Thanks for helping!

John

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

I haven't found any one who makes replacement plexi that would be a simple bolt-in.

OEM replacement plexi is available from Kawasaki. Best price for just the plexi was $355.27 @ Babbitt's.

If you have no windshield at all (i.e. VN900 Classic), and want the factory windshield with all the mounting hardware, it will cost you $319.96 from either Ron Greene or Babbitt's. Sometimes less is more.

Cheers!

John

·
Registered
789 Posts
Glad I opted for the 900 Classic and have a nice Memphis shade windscreen like $270 complete.:biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts