Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've added the Kawasaki Light bar, Kawasaki Passenger Back Rest, and a Rifle Windshield, so far. All great additions.
- The light bar is great at night - but more importantly, I'm super visable during the day.
- The back rest is great for the passenger and great to strap a pack or luggage to.
- The windshield is incredible! The increase in riding comfort has been wonderful. I took a trip in late October and was totally comfortable in 40 degree weather (although I could have used chaps)

Next additions:
Saddle bags - Does anyone have any that they would recommend?

Mustang 2-piece wide touring seat - I've heard great things about that seat and the stock seat is OK, but not right for my 6' 2" frame - I need to slide back just a bit and that "ramp" on the stock seat doesn't let me do that. the Mustang seat is flatter and then goes up in the back. Anyone have any experience with that seat?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the LeatherLyke bags on my 1600 Classic. I like the way the look and they have locks on them. They also have ghost brackets so they can come on and off very easily.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

you can't go wrong with a mustang seat - they have several different models like your referring to. i have a stang solo on my classic and i love it :wink:

i think the hard bags off the nomad look awesome but some folks prefer leather :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Accesories

Just bought 1600 Classic and I am looking for exactly the same things, Light tree, wind deflector, and back pad for passenger, eventually bags.
I really like the looks of the Mustang dual seats w/pad. There is not much of a choice out yet it seems. Did you install the light tree yourself? I think they look great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Leather Lyke bags and the Mustang Seat. Since this photo was taken, I replaced the stock pad on the sissy bar with the Mustang pad.

The seat is very comfortable, especially with the backrest.

The bags were easy to install and can be easily removed. They can also be used as an ice cooler as they are waterproof.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Legendaryone
50 Posts
I have an 05 1600 Classic and after a couple of long trips, one over 1000 miles on Route 66, I needed something different than the stock seat. I bought a two piece mustang wide seat with back rest and what a difference. It is as comfortable as any car. I ride for hours with no back fatigue and my tail bone doesn't hurt anymore. It's a little pricey but worth it. Go for it.

Legendaryone

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have the mustang seat on my '06 1600. It does allow you do slide back a bit but you will feel a bit taller in the saddle. Nothing to make me want to go back to the stocker. My bike had the bags on it when I bought it and I love them. They are huge inside. They are the Kawasaki Molded Black Saddlebag. They are pricey (MSRP: $799.95) and wouldn't have bought them myself but I'm glad they are on my bike.
BTW, that's not me in the H-D shirt ;-)

Enjoy your ride!

Eric

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
Heck after my lucky rabbits foot..... my next invenstment is some risers (they're on order....due in anyday) my neck hurts from tha angle of holding the bars!!

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Has anyone sucessfully put a Corbin Dual Tour on their 1600? I have a 2007 1600 classic and from what I am learning, the Corbins do not properly fit as they were not designed for the FI bikes.

Being tall (6'6"), the Mustang seats scare me a little becuase they move you up and forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts