Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i'm thinking of buying a vulcan 1600 classic can someone who has ridden or has one tell me about the bike. thanks

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
n4sir87 welcome to the forum I know you will enjoy this site, come back often. The 1600 Classic has great roll on power and is very comfortable to ride if you like a larger bike. The extra power in the 1600 versus the 1500 classic or Nomad FI is very noticable.Here at Beartooth Kawasaki we have a 2003 Red and A 2004 White in stock for $9999.00 for the red 2003 you can call us at 1-800-556-3098 we are a great source ask for Jim. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there, you’ve made a very good choice. The 1600 classic is a development of the mean streak, just detuned (even though it is just a little more powerful, that power will be spread over a wider rpm range and not at the top end to make it easier to use it) and more sit up riding position. Perfect for someone wanting a big, powerful relaxing bike. The best way I can describe it is like a modern GT or naked cruiser. If you want to affect the handling and way it down with jewellery I think your better off with the FI or 1500 cruiser. If you want some fun and a great mile muncher as well, get the 1,600.

Safe riding, Simon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 1600 classic and absolutely love it. I test rode several bikes and decided it was the best. Especially for the money. I have no regrets!!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

sweet bike for the money :wink: -you'll be hard pressed to find a better cruiser for the price

·
Registered
105 Posts
love mine!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
A 1600 driver could tell long stories about this great bike. There are many other similar threads available - do a search and you'll find good stories about how good this is.

To make it short, magazines who test drive different bikes and compare them to other seems to point out things that really don't matter. Things like ugly horn, wrong shaped seat, not enough power etc. just are their opinions. The ride itself is left in the shadow, which is the most important.

Trust me and everybody else who drives these bikes... This is one magnificant bike! Looks, comfort, technology...it's all there. And of course, there already seems to be lots of after-market parts available. Also few 1500 Classic parts fits nicely. Haven't heard of any major problems on these machines.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

and its bigger than a H/D and gets much better mileage than a VTX :twisted:

a very dependable and comfortable bike for long trips also :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also have been looking at the 1600 classic. I know there is always some problems that are prevalent to each make and model. So you people with a 1600 classic tell it for what it is. Grips, Bars, wheels, ect….

2pyrs

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
AWESOME BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great to ride, lots of power, comfy, handles great, cant go wrong by owning one.....get the 1600 you wont regret it, especially if you get it from Jim at Beartooth Kawi......great people up there and the customer service is second to none, they will take care of you!!!!
Learned that when we were up there this summer!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in the same position your in a month ago. Between the 2500 and 1600 classics i chose the 1600 classic. The reason I choose it was size. It is a bigger bike wich I needed. I have put over 1100 miles on it in a month. My only complaint wich is more of an inconvience is the seat. I have a large backside and had back surgery 1.5 years ago. My issue will be solved with a new seat. The 1600 has dual disc brakes in the front. Some say it will do better. I love the bike. I just took the riders edge MSF course at the local HD dealer and after riding a couple of there bikes and seeing the differences I wont own anything but a 1800 classic. The 1600 classic has air adjustable rear shocks wich I have found very helpful and comfortable especially riding 2up. My suggestion to you is to sit o all the ones you are thinking of getting and get the most comfortable. Bottom line is if your not happy or comfortable you wont want to ride it no matter who says how great it is. That is my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
The problem was that they didn't have 1600 nomads in 04 so I made my own out of a Classic ;-) LOL

All kidding aside, the Classic is a great all around bike. Add a little air/fuel and you'll be very happy :razz:

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Had mine since March. Put 5600mi on her. Complaints...didn't buy her sooner!

I did get a Pro Pad this week & it seems to really help the seat. Haven't been able to do any time on it yet but I hope to this week-end. Will have a little better report on the Pro Pad 1st of the week.

Bottom line..I'd buy a 1600 classic again tomorrow, no if's, and's or but's!!!! You just ain't gonna find a better bike for the money! More expensive...yup...better....not even close!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm new here and have mostly ridden Honda Shadows and recently sold a 2002 1800 VTX-C due to riding position. I was going to ask this same question and it looks like you beat me to it and got the answers I was looking for. Sounds like a great bike...

Rjako

·
Registered
8 Posts
2003 1600 Classic/2005 1600 Classic: any changes?

I wanted to askk if there was any difference in a 2003 and a 2005 model? I can get a great deal on a used 2003 but if it's lacking something the 2005 model does then it might not be worth it? I can't figure out how to post a new question so I hope someone is able to read this? Thanks...

Rjako

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Rjako said:
I wanted to askk if there was any difference in a 2003 and a 2005 model? I can get a great deal on a used 2003 but if it's lacking something the 2005 model does then it might not be worth it? I can't figure out how to post a new question so I hope someone is able to read this? Thanks...

Rjako
They changed the horn in 05. So the '03 has an ugly black horn :neutral: '05 has upgraded rear shocks- air shocks. A chrome horn and progressive shocks can be had for < $500 so go for the '03 :razz: I have the older styled shocks and the ugly horn and love the bike none the less :razz:

There's a button to click on the top of the list of threads that says new topic
Click that to start a new thread if you'd like.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts