Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m lost with this bike. I think I need a service manual. Yesterday, I took off the the air cleaner cover on the right side and noticed two solinoids by the throttle body. What the fark are these things and what do they do? This bike is new to me since a replaced my 2000 V-Star 650.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Solenoid valves that transfer pure air into the exhaust "manifolds" burning leftovers from the combustion. Has to do with emission regulations...

If you're not sure what you're doing on the bike, don't do it. If you think you need a service manual, buy one. I bought one and it's very interesting rading material...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

upgrade the intake and they will go away :lol:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
jimkalfakis said:
I`m lost with this bike. I think I need a service manual. Yesterday, I took off the the air cleaner cover on the right side and noticed two solinoids by the throttle body. What the fark are these things and what do they do? This bike is new to me since a replaced my 2000 V-Star 650.
Do they look like the one shown here (3rd picture) ? http://www.gadgetjq.com/caddmankit.htm
If so, they are ICS (Idle Control Solinoids) - cold start and idle control for your bike. Other items on the right side air cover include the following but does not fit the description you mentioned:
-temperature sensor
-hose for the air suction valves (reed valves) for controlling emissions at the exhaust by injecting cold air
-crankcase ventillation
-for California bikes, gasoline evap hose

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, whose better than you. Thanks so much for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts