Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what the optimum air temp for best power but in my V2k, It seems to like the air temps at 40-45 degrees around here. It was sunny and dry today so the big girl got out to run and that cool air is just something to behold. The exhaust note is better, the acceleration is better the power delivery is better. yep, the 40* air is loved by the big bore girl.

·
Certainly uncertain
146 Posts
What you say makes sense when it is considered the cooler air is denser, providing a better charge to the engine. Water injection for this purpose is common on jet engines and such. The only oddity to this may be a mass air flow sensor. Some advanced (i.e. automobile) FI may take temperature and air flow into the equation and balance out this advantage providing a more consistent response. Don't think bike EFI's are all that advanced due to weight and size constraints. Could be wrong tho.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
my neighbor told me he doesn't use an alarm clock anymore to wake him up.He said he knows exactly what time it is when he hears my bike go by in the morning:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
The bike might like the 40 degree air, but I like the 65 degree air a lot more.
Not a problem when you have heated gear Jared!:biggrin:

I agree with Spok. Had my bike out the other day, 40-45 degrees and the ole V2K had plenty of power. Leaving each stop light I left everybody in the dust and I wasn't even twisting the throttle that much! Gotta love the V2K!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.