Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently own a vulcan 2000 bar dimensions are 1" Diam. 8.5 Height, 34.5 width. 14" pullback. 7.5 Center Interested in getting some buckhorn bars but not sure how high I can go without longer cables.
With changing cable length, Looking for comfort for a taller guy. so not sure if I should look for height or pullback or what lol.
Med or High Buckhorn. What about Ape Hangers that are not so **** tall?
This is what I found-

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/121/11801/ITEM/Bikers-Choice-Custom-V-Twin-Handlebars-Dimpled.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Buckhorn%20Handlebars&WT.MC_ID=10010

Biker's Choice Custom V-Twin Handlebar - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

·
Size does matter!
272 Posts
Do you have the standard V2K or the Classic? I have some mini apes on my Classic LT. They were on the bike when I bought it so I have no idea what brand they are. Rise measures 11" from the top of the bar where they clamp to the top of the bar where the grips are (not sure how they are supposed to be measured). The OE cables are still on the bike. The clutch cable has been re-routed and the throttle cables appear kinda tight, but I have no problems from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah man I got about the same bike. Its the Classic LT. I wasnt sure if longer cables would be needed if I got bars like yours. They do seem comfortable though. i hate this wide grip and having to lean fwd. Pain in the *** to steer in neighborhoods and around slow corners.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I too am looking to install some new bars probably along the line sof the High Buckhorns..I like their curve and height is about right. I might go with 10-12" ..don't want them to be extreme..Greg's looks like they might be about what I am looking for. But I would bet I will have to change cables. Let me know Adam what you decide.. I need to do this before my May ride to WV & DC.
T.O.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think 16" is too much for my riding style ...but then I have never riden with 16" apes..could be comfortable. I do like the height of Greg's though..those look comfy.I do wonder about the cables though..Greg you mentioned the throttle cables seem a bit tight..so I am thinking maybe a +2 or +4 for new cables if I got 11" .

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think 16" is too much for my riding style ...but then I have never riden with 16" apes..could be comfortable. I do like the height of Greg's though..those look comfy.I do wonder about the cables though..Greg you mentioned the throttle cables seem a bit tight..so I am thinking maybe a +2 or +4 for new cables if I got 11"
T.O.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Occitiger,
I know it's been 7 years but, I just came across your post about adding ape hangers to your V2K.
I was wondering if you could tell me what size cables and hoses you used as I just bought some 17" apes and want to install them on my V2K and I want to be absolutely sure I get the right cables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.