Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got an '04 Vulcan 500 with the baffles removed from the mufflers. I love the bike, but I don't really like the sound. I thought I could get used to it, but that hasn't happened. It's pretty loud and backfires alot, especially when I let off the throttle while riding. OE mufflers are not cheap, and I am conflicted on aftermarket slip-ons. Many I have never heard, so I don't want to drop a ton of money on something that I may not even like. I'd like something a little louder than stock, as I hear the stock ones are too quiet. But I don't want anything so loud as to wake the neighbors. Any ideas??? This will probably be my winter project.

·
Line rider
326 Posts
You're not going to find a better set of pipes than the originals. Sure they are a little on the quiet side but louder doesn't mean better when it comes to the 500 parallel twin. When I had a 500 I tried doing the Harley dyna exhaust mod. They sounded great at idle but once you went 500-1000 rpm over idle it was just way too loud and I didn't enjoy the tone at all.

I have heard that just punching a hole in the baffles will give you a good sound but I never got around to trying it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts