Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vulcan 500 with stock exhaust - I'm looking for something a little more robust on it - has anyone put an aftermarket exhaust their 500?

As I understand it the configuration of the twin 500cc engine is such that it will always make a much higher pitch sound than a standard true V-Twin.

I have read that the (JC Whitney / Dunstall / Scootworks Scorpians / Jardin) aftermarket exhaust is loud at high speeds. Does anyone have sound clips (before - after). What about tail gunners, has anyone put them on a 500? How do they sound? Are they as bad.

I've also though about removing one of the baffels to make it louder but thought it might be too loud.

What has anyone done with their 500 (beyond stock) and if you were to do it again, what would you do?

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Don't know of anyone making full exhaust systems for the 500 except scootworks. Don't know how they sound, but I do know the 500 is an inline twin and will never sound like a v-twin. I also know the generic mufflers from JC Whitney are obnoxious and sound like crap. The best sounding pipes on a 500 are the stock ones IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts