Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that there doesn't seem to be much out there for dressing up a 500. Please tell me I'm wrong.
Has anyone put floorboards on a 500? Those pegs are killers. I can get my foot on about the last 1/2 of the peg. Gets old real quick.
hawley

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
500 floorboards

I found some passenger floorboards on ebay and am in the process of having a piece of steel fabricated (2 pieces) in an attempt to make them work.
Have some beautiful red & black fringes for the Harley boards that won't work on my bike. But guess I'll need to make my own & glue them on these boards since I really like the looks of fringes on the boards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My husband is part of the Vulcan 750 forum & someone from his forum sent me some footrests, that are flat with rubber & a place for my heel as well. They're so much better than the pegs.
Am still working on having a machinest make a part so that a small pair of floorboards will fit my 500 Ltd.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

Wy will you make Floorboards at your Vulcan??????????????

Remember - the Vulcan500 looks like a cruiser but-it is none-realy.

It got the engine from the 500 Ninja and you can handle it like a Ninja - I do. Only in topspeed ninja got a chance to catch me-but no way at street with curves-no way. And when i had this FB there where triangles now. :D :D

Maybe it looks great, but it´s not good for inclination. :shock:

Greets

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've wanted floorboards for 2 reasons:
1. I bought some floorboard fringes that I thought would look cool on my bike.
2. I've been able to get my feet on about the last 1/2 of the footpegs and find it very uncomfortable. I'd like to be able to rest my feet back farther.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it should ride like a ninja. What does that mean?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

About your Floorboards, maybe this is something for you?

You can get your all around :)

To handle like a Ninja500 means the bikes are about the Engine simular.

We got a Sportsengine, and that´s the reason we where faster from the begiining like a VN1500

My Wife drive a Ninja500 and she is very fast sometimes, but I got no problems to follow here :D

Greets

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me about the bars I'm seeing in your picture. Are they an engine guard? They look nice.
hawleysh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Hal9000,

You still out there?
I'd really like to learn more about the chrome bars that are on the bike in the picture you sent.
Could you please send a side view of the bike with the bars.
Looks like one could rest the feet on the lower part of those bars possibly?

Thank you,
hawleysh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that your wife's bike in the photo? Beautiful color!
I'd also like to know where I could get these bars if they will fit the EN 500 Ltd.
hawleysh

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

About your Floorboards, maybe this is something for you?

You can get your all around :)

To handle like a Ninja500 means the bikes are about the Engine simular.

We got a Sportsengine, and that´s the reason we where faster from the begiining like a VN1500

My Wife drive a Ninja500 and she is very fast sometimes, but I got no problems to follow here :D

Greets

Is this your vulcan 500?
where did you find the engine guard?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts