Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM LOOKING TO PUT A SET OF HIGHWAY BARS AND FOOTPEGS ON MY 2003 VULCAN 500 LTD. HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS? WHAT DID YOU USE. WOULD THE KAWASAKI ENGINE GUARD FROM KAWASAKI BE ADEQUATE TO PUT FOOTPEGS ON. LOOKING FOR SOME HELP AND MAYBE SOME PICS OF A SETUP IF ANYONE HASE DONE THIS
BRUCE E. :roll:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm wanting to do the same thing. I'm looking at the OEM "Engine Guard" but it sure looks narrow. I guess you could have the pegs to the outside. I've checked a few of the aftermarket sites that have "27 million" parts and "everything for every bike" but cant find anything for the 500 LTD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
highwasy bars, vulcan 500

i went to www.acessoriesinternational.com and typed in highwaybars. i came up with a set of bars from wingerline, item # aukwlv503. i emailed them and they said these do fit the vulcan 500 ltd. the problem is that i cant get any dimensions like width and height on these bars and kawasaki cant give me dimensions on their engine guard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
shur i will i just put the egine gaurd on yesterday it is small. however easy to put on...not shur if i really want to put pegs on it..... but onceits gets nice enough outside for a pic i'll send it

·
Free Rider
163 Posts
I'll take some pics when I can.
What I did was take a piece of flat steel stock and bend it to the right shape after taking my leg measurments on the bike and using U-Clamps to attach it to the bike. It saved my bike's tank and engine from at least 2 falls and all you have to do is rebend it after a fall. You should be able to find a machine shop/welding shop in your area that would be willing to bend it for you. Total cost maybe $20-30 if you have to pay to get it bent and for a can of galvanizing paint. They kinda look like this -\_/- (if the ends were near the top)
Ride till you gots to pee :tongue:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm also interested in just how much the Kawi 500 engine guard can actually guard. They always have the pics of it at an angle so you can't really tell how far to the sides it extends. Does it stick out far enough to protect the brake pedal and the gear shift lever?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you'all think?

Hello Everyone:

This is my 2008 Vulcan LTD 500... I had someone fabricate some Highway Bars / Engine Guard for my bike. He then put some custom brackets on my frame. I then had the bars professionally chromed, and bought some nice looking pegs and clamps. The ride is awesome, and when out on the highway, your feet stick to the pegs like glue, even at around 80 or 90 MPH. The engine guard from Kawasaki is a joke... I looked at one, and it only sticks out about 2 inches from the bike frame. Custom fabrication is the way to go if you want some sick looking bars...

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
We  Sent  Ours  To  Be  Done  ,,they  Looks  Very  Good,strong ,heavy  And  Good  Amount  Of  Chrome,,the  First  Ones  Came  Expensvie  ,,but  All  The  Other  Ones  To  Our  Friends  With  The  Same  Motorcycle  Have  Become  More  Affordable  (270.00),,let  Me  Know  If  You  Want  One,,it  Takes  One  Week For  Them  To  Make  Them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
cerise 500...how did you insert the picture of your bike ,,looks good ,,i want to put mine there so all of you can see the engine guard,,,what should i do,?,i am not very good with computers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
follow the yellow brick road

I clicked "post reply" and at the bottom of the post box is a button for "Advanced". This brings up more icons on your menu bar.

Click on the paper clip icon. This brings up a window called "Manage Attachments". If you have your photo saved on your computer, click on Browse and look for the photo you have saved on your computer and click upload. That ought to do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Engine Guard 500

Thanks Cerise 500 ,,your Help Was Great ,i Hope You Like This Pictures , I Order My Pegs But Are Not Here Yet ,,but Who Ever Is Taller Than 5'5" Is A Must.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts