Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I know nothing! :)
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I filled up my coolant as it was empty in the radiator, but there is a small reservoir next to it I assumed if for overflow, and filled it with coolant. The problem is the coolant just flowed through the bike and out a TUB under the bike behind the engine.

I am wondering if that tube needs to be plugged or if it should be connected to somewhere else! I cannot see where it would go, but there is another rubber tube next to it that is plugged.

I bought the bike used, and I am trying to learn what I am doing. :)

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
The tube is probably the overflow for the reservoir. Did you fill it up all the way, or just to the full line?

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tube is probably the overflow for the reservoir. Did you fill it up all the way, or just to the full line?
I put fluid in the overflow and it came out the hose.. maybe I over filled? hrmmm

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I think what you're referring to as the overflow is what I'm referring to as the reservoir. Yeah, probably overfilled it.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what you're referring to as the overflow is what I'm referring to as the reservoir. Yeah, probably overfilled it.

Just to clarify, it should have the rubber tube running down and open to drain?

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
As the previous poster pointed out, if the coolant was low, you have a bigger problem. It doesn't usually just 'get used'.

If the level in the rad is up to the neck, the reservoir should be filled as far as the full mark (cool engine). If you over filled it, it makes sense it would be coming out the hose. But why it was low to begin with is another question...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts