Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious, On the Kawasaki web site they list the Vulcan 750 in both the Cruiser section and the touring section.

Why is the Vulcan 750 considered a touring bike and the Vulcan 800 not considered one?

I love my 750, but I think of it more as a cruiser than a touring bike...

Stan

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Stan I am with you it is a cruiser! I am not sure if that may not be a mistake I don't think that was intentional putting it in the touring class!
Welcome to the forum by the way! 8)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Stan,
From the looks of it the 750 Vulcan has to be a cruiser and..God!..Do I love the looks! I've got a new 500 LTD and it's the perfect bike for me at this stage and I think it has great looks too but I sure like the shaft drive, instrumentation and classic styling of the 750. I have not ridden one yet and just want to know if they perform and handle the way they look?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I can tell you is that I love my 750! It has no trouble keeping up with my brothers Harley when we ride. Our other riding buddy has a yamaha 1100 and I keep up no problem.

I haven't ridden all that many other bikes but I think the 750 is a deal at any price!

Stan

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Go Stan I agree I just sold a new 750 to one of my customers last week this is his second 750 and he raves about it! 8)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks guys...For the type of riding I do...backroad, hilly, twisting...the Harleys have to work to keep up with my 500 Vulcan..my handling, weight, and gears is much better than theirs but it's a different story out on the open highway. They loaf along at 75 and although mine is not strained at that speed it does start to feel a little light.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks guys...For the type of riding I do...backroad, hilly, twisting...the Harleys have to work to keep up with my 500 Vulcan..my handling, weight, and gears is much better than theirs but it's a different story out on the open highway. They loaf along at 75 and although mine is not strained at that speed it does start to feel a little light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kawboy, In my opinion, when you sit on the bike that fits you - you will know immediately.

When I was bike shopping I sat on Harleys, Hondas and yamahas. I liked them.....didn't love them. When I sat on the Vulcan 800 I wasn't sold either. and I don't even know why. When I sat on the 750 I reached in my wallet and took it home. (well, I took it home after my windshield, saddlebags and backrest were installed).

What I'm saying is this....if you are thinking of upgrading, take your time and sit on all the models that appeal to you...you'll know when you hit the right choice!

just my .02 worth, Stan

·
Registered
6 Posts
While the 7xx may be a cruiser it can tour also. James Larson left his home in AZ back in the summer on a 1985 700 , went to the west coast and then up the west coast to Alaska and then to Eureka Springs Arkansas, back to Arizona and then to Wash DC area, and then on to Asheville NC and from there to my house in E Tn and then to Dallas and back home :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
vn750 engine

Anybody know where I can find a good running engine for my '93 vn750? I bought it last year and enjoy riding it but the engine went on me in Nov. on a ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway, luckily not far from home. From what I can find on overhauling the engine I'm hoping to find a good used engine cheaper. Gotta get it on the road before spring!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mark,
Check out the yellow pages for motorcycle salvage yards in your area. There's a place about 2 hours from me (I'm in Michigan) and they must have 100 used engines setting on their shelves. Maybe there's a yard near you that could hook you up. Keep an eye on ebay too. Ya never know. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: vn750 engine

markr said:
Anybody know where I can find a good running engine for my '93 vn750? I bought it last year and enjoy riding it but the engine went on me in Nov. on a ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway, luckily not far from home. From what I can find on overhauling the engine I'm hoping to find a good used engine cheaper. Gotta get it on the road before spring!!!!
It should be easy to find a 750 engine, they've been cranking them out for a long time. If they would update the styling a bit (just my sense of taste or lack thereof) it would be the ideal bike. I like it mechanically a lot more than the 800, but some folks have to have the V-Twin. 8)

I guess my little bike is sort of a Fisher-Price "My First Harley" :eek:

Ride what you like, just ride!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kawi said:
Stan I am with you it is a cruiser! I am not sure if that may not be a mistake I don't think that was intentional putting it in the touring class!
Welcome to the forum by the way! 8)
I would say Cruiser as well. Wait. Whats the difference? I am taking a trip from TX to CT in August ( http://www.carveyparker.com/trip.htm ). Does that make it a Touring model? :lol:

Welcome to the group. I am new as well.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
We moved up from a 750 to a 1500 as well. It's a great bike, just not real comfortable for long cruises. For 1-2 hour rides, it's lots of fun.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Traded my '01 VN 750 on my '07 VN 900 Custom. I like the 900 but there was something about the 'energy' of the 750 that I miss. The 750 is a nice little bike. Too bad Kawasaki discontinued them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I used to have an 03 750. Awsome bike. Never had a problem out of it except when the choke cable broke on me. But that was an easy fix. But, I traded it off and got the 900 custom.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts