Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My Vulcan 800 classic fell yesterday and now it won't start. I can crank the engine but it won't start. I took off the air filter and noticed that the carburator get flooded. I tried what the manual recommends by opening the throttle to its full position but no luck and crank it with no luck. I checked everything, for loose hoses, fuses, loose connectors with no luck. Please help me.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yeah, the only thing I could say is its fluded. Everytime I've been down or dropped a bike it fluded but if I opened the throttle and tried a few times it started right up. I'll ask some friends and get back to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hello puchy... make sure your getting a spark. then try under normal starting procedure (no throttle, no choke) try a few shots of carb cleaner in the carb. try to start it with the air cleaner off. all i can think of. hope you get her going. good luck.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
may be flooded now,may have gas fouled the plugs,
im not sure on that cruiser if they have a tip over sensor or not, if you have a service manual check in there and see. you could check on www.ronayers.com and see if he sells the tip over switch for your bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts