Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
I was wondering a few years back cobra had the fishtail exhaust for the 800 and was on both sides. My question is, is there baffles in them and if so can you take the baffles out?

As far as I know no one ever made dual exhaust for the 800. The 750 had duals, and I think Cobra made some for it. The old 1500 BUBF also had duals, and Cobra made pipes for it. Roadhouse makes dooleys for the 1500/1600 Vulcans.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Both pipes will be on the same side with those. They are similiar to the drag pipes or slashcuts, only with fishtail ends. I've never liked the sound of Cobra pipes on the 800, they are just a little too blatty and tinny sounding for me.

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Both pipes will be on the same side with those. They are similiar to the drag pipes or slashcuts, only with fishtail ends. I've never liked the sound of Cobra pipes on the 800, they are just a little too blatty and tinny sounding for me.
totally agreed, cobras just dont sound good on the 800.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Nice find; I've never seen duals for the 800 before. They should have removable baffles, and hopefully standard 2" aftermarket baffles will fit. My Cobra drag pipes sounded really awesome with Kromewerks HP Plus baffles in them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still didnt get them yet. Nobody has any pictures of fishtails on their vulcan 800. I know some said they will be on one side, just trying to get an idea of what they look like.

Help send me a picture of these!!

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Fishtails were on the list of mods I was going to do, but sold the 800 before I got around to it. Now planning to add fishtails to the Nomad... after the bike it paid off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.