Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first bike last year, a Vulcan 800, and I discovered a tube dragging when I got home after my first day out this year. I called the guy I bought it from, and he said he thought--from the sound of it--that it was the overflow tube for the fuel tank. I just looked it up on Kawi's web site, and that does indeed appear to be the case. The guy said he thought it should run around the tank and go back in somewhere, but I couldn't find anything on their site saying one thing or the other. Does anyone know whether the drain tube is supposed to connect back into the tank?

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
That tube is only connect on one end and the other hangs down loose in front of the swing arm. If any gas were to need to escape via the tube it will exit directly onto the ground.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Z-In-Jax and mumbles, for replying! So, aside from the one end connecting to the tank under the front-right side of the tank (I traced it and found that end, clamped onto the tank), the other side should not connect anywhere, right? And where should it be, again? I looked up the swing arm on Kawi's website parts diagrams, and it didn't show it very well; I'm afraid I won't be able to find the actual swing arm going by the diagram alone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts