Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bobber Builder
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a VN800 Bobber project and have painted the triple trees and fork lowers a flat black to match the bike. I have since bought a new set of wheels and powder coated them gloss black along with buying new apes that are also black. So to keep things matching and also clean I have decided to powder coat the triple trees, fork lowers, and risers. My question is, when taking the triples trees off is there any surprises or things that I need to know before messing something up? The forks I have taken apart before so there are no surpises there. Any assistance would be helpful.

·
Kimberly Dawn 1966 - 2009
999 Posts
Getting the steering stem and lower race bearings off will be a pain in the A$$.

Plan on purchasing a new set of up and lower bearings for the assembly. Look into putting a zerk fitting in the neck tube to keep it greased. I did mine, it was easy.

·
Kimberly Dawn 1966 - 2009
999 Posts
If you don't already have a set, purchase a metric Tape/die set. I picked one ub on eBay for less than $25 (80 pcs set). Does what I need it to do and it will come in handy chacing out the threads after having it all painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts