Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2001 Vulcan 800 \m/
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with my friend to window-shop for bikes today. He really, really wants a bike bad. He had one before he had kids, but had to sell it & get a mini van--long story. Anyway, he test road a used ('06 I think) HD Night Rod.

I went with him, of course he smoked me out on the highway, but we had a nice, fun ride for fifteen minutes or so.

The Night Rod isn't really what he likes. I sat on it and felt cramped and he's about 100lbs heavier. I prefer the Meanie.

We both love the Fat Boy on the HD line; but he may end up getting the Kaw Concours because he wants to do the long trips thing. I just hope he gets one soon! Nothin' better than riding with a buddy. I love how the Blue-Hairs look at two dudes on bikes: "oooh...look at those trouble makers". LOL!!

8)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Smile when you say "Blue hair", partner.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, me neither.......I guess I'm not a blue hair, but more of the Q-tip variety.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
maybe he should look into a Nomad???????

·
2001 Vulcan 800 \m/
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I agree the Nomad is a nice touring bike. They didn't have one at the dealership we went to. The local dealer here is a Honda/Kaw/Suzi so they have a small selection from each brand.

He sat on that Concours and really liked the weight & size. We'll see...
He's going to have to test ride some Kaws I think. Those HD salesmen sure know how to reel you in though.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
The new concourse is a beautiful bachine and will smoke almost anything else except maybe the new Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I know an acquaintance that has an 07 V-Rod. I have to say that it doesn't handle very well at all when compared to even my 900 Custom. Can't compare it to my Daytona (that wouldn't be fair).

I think the power plant is nice, but it's too bad it's attached to a frame and suspension that doesn't appear completely thought out. In any case if I really wanted a V-Rod I would probably go Buell instead. But then HDS seem to be a status buy in most cases.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would say the Nomad is surely a good choice, I actually looked at a Nightrod from HD, boy that is really a sharp bike, it really just evokes that "feeling" when you look at it. If I had the money I would have bought it instead if my 1500 classic even though it was less practical, and less comfortable. It would have been a purely emotional purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts